Monday, September 24, 2012

Aleph

Today I am beginning a journey. A spiritual journey with the book Aleph, by Paulo Coelho. Page 1 immediately starts off:
"The world has never been as divided as it is now, what with religious wars, genocide, a lack of respect for the planet, economic crisis, depression, poverty, with everyone wanting instant solutions to at least some of the world's problems or their own. And things only look bleaker as we head into the future.
What am I doing here, trying to make my way in a spiritual tradition whose roots are in the remote past, far from all the challenges of the present moment?"

I left this first page with many thoughts. Mainly though, it's theme... "harsh reality" is something that consumes my thoughts often! Stress. Depression. Awestruck, and not in a good way. I sent my sister a picture of this first page knowing that she will find interest too! I read on and hope that some invocation about how to deal with, solve, cure these obstacles in our lives is ahead. Then page 21 happened:
"...I know that I am in all the people surrounding me, and tht they are in me. Together we write the Book of Life, our every encounter determined by fate and our hands joined in the belief that we can make a difference in this world. Everyone contributes a word, a sentence, an image, but in the end it all makes sense: the happiness of one becomes the joy of all."

Perfection. Thank you Paulo for once again bringing light to a dark place. I am thankful for such words of wisdom which help guide me through tough times! Stay tuned for more exerpts, self dialogue and discussion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment