Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dance

I have been a nom stop dancing machine lately! Please don't stop the music! I'm so happy to be reaching others through my love for dance! Teaching dance is like a dream for me. Something I never ever saw coming! It is my therapy. It is my solace in a silly stressful world. It is my escape. My freedom. My art. My expression. My happy place. A blessing. A release. I am a leader now. I teach dance. Granted I can feel my aging body tear and fall apart more than I ever have. As I have just RICE'd (rest ice compress elevate) my right knee. I injured it practicing choreography but more specifically, doing backwards coffee grinders... a move that use to give me awful shin splints when I was a much younger dancer. Not to mention I am already fighting with my right shoulder after it decided to stop functioning correctly. Anyway, my point, I am conditioning my body to do hip hop again which is very strenuous on joints and surrounding muscles! But the sacrifice does not outweigh the gain even a little bit. I will wobble into class any day of the week until I'm old and shriveled... Searching for a way to encourage dancers' freedom to express themselves through this remarkable art form. I'm truly truly blessed to be given these opportunities to develop my own style/ genre of dance and fitness. I can only hope that I bring some joy to every students day. I tell them always that they have to smile, sweat and have fun! Every class! I love it love it love it! I have so much I want to accomplish in my life but this makes me feel like the road I'm on ain't all that bad after all :) thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment